Stop Loss / Travel Medical Coverage
This coverage can provide significant protection for your family and employees should something catastrophic happen medically either in province or while traveling. This coverage can provide tremendous financial relief should an unexpected accident or injury occur. Clients and spouses under age 70 and dependent children under age 21 to age 25 if fulltime student, no age limit for disabled. This coverage is not compulsory but is highly recommended.
In Canada Medical Coverage:
Injury or sickness expenses occurring while in Canada in excess of the $2500 stated deductible. Pre-existing exclusion applies as per policy documentation.
Maximum $125,000 per injury or sickness per person per calendar year subject to lifetime maximum of $250,000 benefits include:
For each of the following $25,000 per person per injury or sickness per calendar year is provided subject to a lifetime maximum of $50,000 per person per injury or sickness over 104 weeks.
The categories are:
- Semi-private hospital room (difference between public ward)
- Private duty nursing
- Prescribed drugs
- Paramedical services, $50 per visit
- Durable medical equipment
- Accidential dental
Travel Medical Coverage:
Emergency injury or sickness while travelling outside province of residence, all trips up to 60 days maximum, $1,000,000 lifetime per person with no deductible. Pre-existing exclusion applies as per policy documentation.
- $5000 remains repatriation (cremation included)
- $1000 hotel convalescence
- $15,000 medically delayed travel meals/accomodation
- $1000 return of vehicle
- Family and Identification transportation - incl within policy limits
- Emergency air ambulance back to province (including Med Attendant) incl with policy limits
- Ground ambulance - incl in policy limits
- Services of Mondial
More questions about the Private Health Services Plan? Complete the online form or contact June Borlé at (604) 874-4429 or Toll-free (888) 880-2266.